Due to recent burglaries in the area, we urge residents and business owners to be extra vigilant.
Here’s what we recommend you do to secure your home and belongings:
- Close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you’re only going out for a few minutes.
- Double-lock any door.
- Make sure that any valuables are out of sight.
- Keep handbags away from the letterbox or cat flap and hide all keys including car keys, as a thief could hook keys or valuables through even a small opening.
- Never leave car documents or ID in obvious places such as kitchens or hallways.
- In the evening, shut the curtains and leave lights on.
- If you’re out all day, then it’s advisable to use a timer device to automatically turn lights and a radio on at night.
- Set your burglar alarm.
- Make sure the side gate is locked.
- Lock your shed or garage.
- Lock your bike inside a secure shed or garage, to a robust fitting bolted to the ground or wall, like a ground anchor.
Visit our website for more information on how to keep your home secure : Protecting your home from crime | Crime prevention | North Wales Police
If you think you have been a victim of burglary/theft or seen anything suspicious, please call 101 or use our live chat facility on the website. In an emergency, always dial 999